Hot News NEXT BODY Tattoos
Hot News NEXT BODY Tattoos
Hot News NEXT BODY Tattoos

Sunday 19 December 2010

TOF op.

Thursday afternoon I got a train to Taunton. I went on my own as there was no point in anyone coming with me as they would have to travel back.
The nurses at the hospital were wonderful, very welcoming.
Had an ECG, X-ray and bloods done to check I was well enough for the op.
The room I was in was quite echoey and as I tried to get to sleep that night, the clock loudly let me know about every second that was going by. I did manage to get some sleep and was woken at 6:30am by the nurse who came in to take my water away as I was now nil by mouth, I had enough to take my tablets.

Dr TOF had already been the night before and explained everything he was going to do.
I would be paralysed for a few seconds to keep the oesophagus still as he clipped it. We went through every eventuality and he assured me that he would look after me. I didn't feel nervous at all, I felt that my dad was with me holding my hand.
After I came round, my throat was very sore. Later in the day Dr TOF came in and said everything went very well. He was very proud of himself and told me I was a delightful patient.
I told him I was so pleased that he believed in me and that something could be done about the TOF.
He is going to be adding it to medical journals and will no doubt be invited to talk about the procedure.
I was not sure if I would be going home on the Friday, As I had no one with me, it was decided I stay another night.
The nurse very kindly removed the noisy clock for me and I got a good nights sleep.
I woke up Saturday morning and looked out the hospital window to see snow everywhere.
I was so worried I wouldn't get home.
It would be Kieran's birthday the next day and I wanted to be home for him. The nurses assured me that if it was too bad and I couldn't travel, I could stay in the room again.
I managed to get a taxi to Taunton station and then onto Plymouth on the train and a taxi to as close to home as possible. I had a 3 minute walk to get home, I rang Rich and he met me and took my bag.....phew!!!
What and eventful couple of days. I am not coughing when I drink and at the moment, all is good. I have to have a soft diet for a few more days as this is all a trila and Dr TOF and I don't know what will happen. I hope this is the end of the TOF.

No comments:

Post a Comment