Hot News NEXT BODY Tattoos
Hot News NEXT BODY Tattoos
Hot News NEXT BODY Tattoos

Wednesday 19 January 2011

By golly, I think he has done it!!!

A picture of the clip that is sealing my TOF.

I went back to Taunton today to have a barium swallow x-ray to confirm the TOF is sealed. I got a taxi from the station and went into the reception, a puzzled receptionist couldn't find me..... it was the wrong hospital. A few minutes later I was back in the taxi and on my way to the right one.
I got in and sorted myself out ready for the radiographer.
He was lovely, asked me if I liked Perno, he then handed me the lovely contrast barium drink.....yuk!!!

The radiographer took some pictures and showed me the screen, it was fascinating, I could see my bear clip perfectly. I went upside down, back, front, sideways.... no leaks!
I am so thrilled, thank goodness Dr TOF believed in me. I am officially the first person in the UK to have this procedure done and because it has been successful, Dr TOF says babies with the same condition as mine will not have to go through major surgery, they can be clipped. What a step forward. I am now waiting for it to go into the medical books, how exciting!!
I got a taxi back from the hospital, the driver was the same one who picked me up on Monday, he looked like Eddy Windass from Corrie, bit of de ja vue me thinks : )

No comments:

Post a Comment