Hot News NEXT BODY Tattoos
Hot News NEXT BODY Tattoos
Hot News NEXT BODY Tattoos

Monday 13 September 2010

TOF news.

The narrowing is clearly seen on the scan above.
The fistula (tube) can be seen between the oesophagus (food pipe) and trachea (windpipe). The little gap between the 2 is the tube.

Taunton went well. Siobhan and I saw Dr TOF who showed us the pictures from the CT scan.
The fistula is clearly seen and there is also a narrowing of the oesophagus(food pipe). The narrowing was caused by the second stent I had put in and has been getting worse. I get my food stuck in the narrowing which then causes a reflux action I have no control over.
The fistula (tube) can be seen on the scan joining the food pipe and windpipe which allows fluid into the lung.
Dr TOF said he would do the procedure if that is what I wanted. There is a Dr in Basildon who has done a similar procedure on a person who had oesophageal cancer which created a fistula but not done anything on a congenital one. I also have the option to go to Italy and let the Dr's there do it as they have already done it on a 74 year old lady.
I have decided to stick with the man who has found all the information and was happy to help me. I will be having it done on 24th September. I will have a sedative as Dr TOF wants me to tell him if he is hurting me.... this has made me a little nervous, it is the same drug I had for the endoscopy and I am awake but don't remember any of the procedure afterwards. The drug is commonly known as the date rape drug. Dr TOF will widen the narrowing of the oesophagus and will also sort out the fistula.

I will have to sort out train times and will not be allowed to drive. Should be an interesting day, I just hope it sorts out the choking and chest infections.

No comments:

Post a Comment