Hot News NEXT BODY Tattoos
Hot News NEXT BODY Tattoos
Hot News NEXT BODY Tattoos

Saturday 7 August 2010

Wine tasting in Devon.


In the garden of the local caf'e.
Our Devon cream tea.
This poster is in the wine cellar.
An observant Carolyn found the shop and the guy in the poster....had to have a picture taken of course : )
The fourth tipple, White 2009.
The third tipple, 2009 Ros'e.
My cheese platter.
The second tipple, 2006 Ros'e.
Andy and Andrea, such lovely people and were so kind to us.
Carolyn and I tasting our first wine. It was a sparkling white and was perfect.
The eden vineyard

Last year I was given an experience voucher by my friends, Wendy, Lyn and Jaqui. I have at last cashed it in. I took my friend, Carolyn, with me. We had a wonderful time. it started off a bit rocky as we missed the train from Exeter to Topsham. We got a taxi to Topsham and found the wine tasting cellar. It was empty apart from a young girl. We asked her if we were in the right place. She told us that the vineyard was further away. I rang for a taxi to take us to the vineyard and as I ended the call, a couple , Andy and Andrea, turned up asking the same thing.
Carolyn told them that the vineyard was not close to the tasting cellar and that we were waiting for a taxi to take us. They said they had a car and we were welcome to travel with them.
We found the vineyadr eventually and joined a group of people who were also on the tour.
We then made our way back to the wine tasting cellar.
We had lunch and tasted 4 different wines. My voucher allowed me a complimentary bottle of wine.
We left the wine cellar and then walked into Topsham to have a look around. We stopped for a Devon cream tea in a local tea shop. We then found the pub and had a bacardi and coke.
It was such a lovely day, the rain kept off. The only thing that spoiled it was my shortness of breath and the pain in my back from my latest chest infection.

Tomorrow I am doing a car boot sale. I am selling for the first time, should be interesting. Anything I make will be split 4 ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment