Hot News NEXT BODY Tattoos
Hot News NEXT BODY Tattoos
Hot News NEXT BODY Tattoos

Sunday 3 October 2010

Mesothelioma UK conference 2010

The weekend has been one of the best I have ever had. I was very excited about meeting the warriors and also about seeing Prof Vogl again as the last time I saw him was June 2009.
I went with my friend, Gina, on the train from Plymouth to Paddington. We met William and Ann at the station, William has meso.
We met Rita at Exeter and chatted away for the duration of the journey.
We all shared a taxi to the hotel and went off to our rooms.
In the evening Gina and I met more warriors. We met Alan, Paul, Jan, Ronnie to name but a few.
Jan, Rita, Gina, Ronnie and her husband Robert, met up with Barry and Helen in the pub for something to eat.
It was so lovely to chat to all these wonderful people who I had only seen as words and pictures.
We got back to the hotel and met a few more, Heather and Alan who had been a great support to me, Mike and his wife, we spent the evening chatting amongst are selves and getting ready for the next day.

Saturday

I was so excited, Gina and I were ready to meet the rest of the warriors. The meeting was great, I can only describe it as patient power. The were wonderful. Every one had their chance to ask questions. The speakers were amazing, Prof Vogl was excellent. He made everyone laugh with the short video of a lady holding a dog lead and then disappearing of the screen.
This made the room roar with laughter.
I will be adding the Prof's talk if he says it is ok to do so. Dr Orange from Park Attwood was wonderful too, he talked about Mistletoe treatment. I don't think he got enough time to add all the information but it was great to see him again. Mavis was another patient talker, she hadn't done it before and did very well.
Graham Sherlock-Brown spoke about his survival of 8 years.
All together it was a very well organised day.
Liz, Dawn, Jill, Dr Steele and Dr Edwards did a great job of organising the event and were overwhelmed by the response to this event.
I personally think a lot of people wanted to see the Prof and the awareness around mesothelioma seems to be more.
I am looking forward to the next one.




No comments:

Post a Comment